Pages

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

last day of summer

the end of summer is typically a solemn affair. the air gets chillier, and the carefree days of flip-flops and bikinis start to disappear....

but the end of summer leads to my absolute favorite season, FALL. 

it might be because i'm a november's child, or it could be my dislike for extreme temperatures, or maybe even my near-addiction to school supplies. either way, i really love fall.

but i can already feel that this is going to be my best school year yet. i'm actually EXCITED for the first day of school tomorrow. why?

  1. this year is actually going to be a challenge for me, courseload wise. i'm typically the girl in the corner who's writing or, i'll admit that i've done this on occasion, texting because her work is done while everyone else is still talking and working. not only am i taking the hardest english class offered for juniors at my school, i'm also taking spanish iii, chemistry, trigonometry, and economics. all of which are college prep. i actually asked for a study hall this year because of it (though i will probably be a student aid for my favoritestestest theatre teacher <3)
  2. i no longer have the same homeroom as my freshman and sophomore years. which means i will probably not have to deal with the boy AT ALL this year. i'm sad that Mme. Hanks is gone, but.... i can totally make this work for me.
  3. my english class is going to be, 'scuse my french, BAD ASS. some of my faaaaaaaaaaaaavorite people are in there (mackenzie, manser, nikita, i'm lookin' at YOU!). plus, again, it will be a challenge.
  4. i'm taking yearbook. they cut my web design class *sob* but i'm still in yearbook. which i also have with mackenzie. my inner computer nerd is *squee*-ing her little heart out in her pigtails and geeky-chic glasses.
  5. i have lunch with my boyfriend.
that last thing makes me the happiest girl in the world. because, while he's in a more difficult math than me (i could have chose pre-cal. i so could have. trig's easier though.) none of our classes would have matched up (trust me, i tried with the theatre arts classes. i tried. i just couldn't make it work.) because we're in different grades. so having lunch together seems like a total blessing.


so, i am a very happy girl right now and may or may not be pampering myself before i have to wake up at five a.m. tomorrow morning.


i <3 socially awkward penguin. and this went along with school starting :P


junior year = amazing.

No comments: