going to evvie and gabe's homecoming tomorrow (unless ev corrects me, i believe that we're all each other's dates), which should be fun...
okay, i'll admit it. i'm nervous. i see raph once a year nowadays and the time in between i really miss him because we don't talk much (or, ahem, at all) anymore.
ANYWAYS. i get time with my sister, time with my twin brother :P, and time with my absolute favorite momma other than my own, gabe's mom. there should be some pretty epic pictures.
now, for your regularly scheduled programming from lauren at the little things we do...
1. something popular that i can't stand / just don't "get" is super flat, lacking any volume or movement of any sort, straightened hair. so many girls are killing their hair by using heat tools far too often, and when did flat hair become at all flattering? my director made me flat iron my hair for Thoroughly Modern Millie and i despised the way it looked and the time it wasted. (i also hate the way it looks after my sister cuts my hair and flat irons it. just say NO.)
i also really don't understand why teenagers feel like they have to be in a relationship constantly. seriously, people? figure out who the hell you are first before you go waxing poetic about how you're in love with this person one week and another the next.
|Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants is a prime example of how it's SUPPOSED to be. Lena and Kostos may be screwed up, but they still get it right, unlike these hormonal idiots.|
2. something i secretly love is dressing up. no, like legit dressing up. high heels, makeup, actually doing my hair. i don't care if i'm just lounging around the house the entire day (or doing chores). the first two i do more often. actually doing my hair (more than washing, conditioning, putting serum in, combing, and occasionally blow drying or putting it up) is something typically i save for things like homecoming. (oh, and i secretly love having my picture taken. if you can't tell.)
|Like this. My hair isn't anywhere near that curly.|
3. when i've had a bad day i rant to my mom or dalton, drink some tea, write it out, and/or look at cute pictures. and i almost take a nap.
4. i'd prefer cuddling on the couch watching instant netflix movies with my boyfriend to going out to movies or a party any day.
5. something that makes me nervous is tech week for the comedy of errors. i'm more of a musical theatre girl than a nonmusical theatre girl. i've barely had two rehearsals already and i'm already actually experiencing stage fright for the first time in my life about forgetting my lines.
|"Me? Stage fright? I never!"|
6. something worth fighting for is anything you really strongly believe in with all of your heart.
7. when people think of me, i hope they think that girl can hold her own.