Pages

Sunday, August 14, 2011

an award

Confession time!

I can be a real, true, unlike any other, witch with a capital B sometimes. Part of it is probably because I sort of have a princess complex. Part of it is probably because I grew up in an all girl household for all of my life except for every other weekend and a week every summer. I will whine and complain on a GOOD DAY. On a bad day? Well, anyone who deals with me deserves sainthood.



Allow me to explain the context for this post.

While I'm a writer, I struggle with English. I admit it.

I STRUGGLE WITH ENGLISH.

And don't even get me started on summer reading.

Even if it's something I might otherwise enjoy, if I sense the impending DOOM of having to dissect every little thing about a poem or a novel or an article, my attention span is the length of my cat's attention span. As soon as something stops moving, I space out. And it's not like dissecting pieces of work is HARD for me to do - it's a piece of my stepmom's carrot cake with cream cheese icing {I need to stop distracting myself....}. But because my attention span is about 4 seconds long and not only am I a perfectionist, but also a procrastinator, I get stressed out. And then I get grumpy. And the only way I can be soothed is with sweet words and chocolate and cute animals and websites like HelloGiggles and filleosophy.

This is also why I can crank out a perfect essay the night before it's due after a breakdown of some sort EVERY TIME. Some have even dared to call me a stress addict. It gets that adrenaline goin' and BAM! I'm back in action.

But, unfortunately, this means people I care about (or just anyone I talk to while I'm going through this mega-stress) get stressed out too. Which I feel bad for.

Which is EXACTLY why my boyfriend should win an award for dealing with me today. Yes, it's distance dealing with me via text, but he still should win an award.

{Yes, Mom. You get an award too because you have to deal with me 24/7 whenever I'm like this and you're usually the cause of my breakdowns ----- THANK YOU for that, by the way. You kick my butt and it's always just what I need to get back on track.}

ANYWAYS....





That's why you get these the next time I make them :) [side note: who knows when that might be, but you'll get them. At some point. I hope.]

So thank you for putting up with me and all my grumpy-psychoticness. Mwah. You're the best :)

No comments: