Pages

Sunday, January 1, 2012

oh what a way to start the new year!

like what you see? eh? ehhhhhh?

it was about time for a new face for this dear ol' blog, and what better way to ring in the new year? i've spent all of its eve playing and tweaking with it until i got everything just so.

don't judge me for not having plans.

all of my plans fell through. bastards.

but, that allowed me to indulge my antisocial, nerdy, crunchy self in some computer-and-coconut-milk-ice-cream time.

because i made my resolutions days ago. yes, in the plural. there are twenty-five.

what can i say? 2012 is going to be a big year for me.

i'll elaborate on that later.... well, i sorta already did in the shiny sparkly new gypsy tab up there at the top. but still. more later.

before i pass out, here are my twenty-five {they're like potato chips or pieces of candy to me. i can't have just one!} new years resolutions {and yes, they're worded just as i originally wrote them so it sounds like i'm talking to myself}:


  1. go gluten-free. {except for super special occasions}
  2. get my drivers license. {forealdoe. i need that thing. now.}
  3. save more money than i spend. {well shit.}
  4. treat myself often. {helloooooo, new-ish coffeeshop in town, i believe i will be seeing you frequently.}
  5. do 5 minutes of yoga EVERY day. OR ELSE. {this should be easy. but it won't be.}
  6. do my 750words every day. even if i don't have internet. {*headdesk* *headdesk* WHY DO YOU TORTURE ME SO?!}
  7. be more social. {and less stand-off-ish}
  8. keep my room tidy enough to have visitors. {because you know that's why you never have anybody over}
  9. write every day. or one of evvie's imaginary pets will rape your ear with its tongue. {*whines*}
  10. swim and lay out in the sun {with sunscreen, of course} as much as possible. {come ON. you know you want to. you always want to but you always do. for once, put yourself before your interwebz life and your writing. balance.}
  11. no more pro-con lists. {seriously, riss. no more. those things make you psychotic. you'll thank me for this come november}
  12. speak up when you usually shut up, shut up when you usually speak up. {your judgement sucks on that shit. you just don't know when to walk away, do you?}
  13. be selfish. {you don't have to tell me twice.}
  14. keep clothing collection to a minimum. {gypsy, remember? you are aiming to be a gypsy!}
  15. learn how to pack light. {again, the gypsy thing. you idiot}
  16. stop procrastinating so much. {that's going to be tough...}
  17. cut down on soda. {mleh. no big deal. except for during theatre season}
  18. ease off of the caffeine. {fuck you! why would you even put that?! THAT'S THE ELIXIR OF YOUR LIFE YOU DUMBSHIT!}
  19. take lots of pictures. {even if that makes you socially awkward. um, SOMEBODY has to take pictures!}
  20. love freely. {challenge accepted, though easier said than done.}
  21. spend more time in the Real World. {BUT BUT BUT *clings to twitter*}
  22. finish a NaNo! {or else. but seriously. this is basically your last year to do it and maybe if you do you'll learn how to actually do it in college, too.}
  23. write in my gratitude journal daily. {puh-leeze. all i have to do is remember.... wait. shit.}
  24. learn how to be a gypsy. {*nodnod* I WILL BE ONE BY MY SEVENTEENTH BIRTHDAY, DAMN IT.}
  25. kiss raph. {*awed silence*}
those are my goals this year. i'm pretty sure i can do it, even with my snarkastic mental commentary.

so, what are some of your new years resolutions?

2 comments:

Kenzie Audacious said...

My mom is gluten free, due to her wheat allergy. There is so much you can't have if you decide this. Pizza, Twizzlers, Cheesecake if it has crust, etc. So MAKE THAT DECISION WISELY. It is HELL living in a home that is gluten free when I'm not.

My resolutions:
Knit lots of pretty things to wear to Rhinebeck in October.
Grab ALL OF THE BOOKS at BEA.
Get down to a size in clothing that I'm not going to mention in this comment.
And get 3.5 at least both semesters this year.
:)

brian said...

i like your new look...good luck with your resolutions and on the whole gypsy thing
smile
brian