Pages

Monday, July 19, 2010

update... again... *facepalm*

hello, lovies.
i know i have totally sucked at keeping up my blog this summer - totally counter-intuitive, but true. i'm trying to get back into it.

SO MUCH has been going on, and i can't even hardly begin to tell you.

remember leila? my lovely best friend who took my profile picture (which she then proceeded to post on facebook with a comment saying "marilyn monroe, anyone?")
yeah, well, she's trying out for the high school soccer team. she's been posting updates about it here, though i have a feeling she's doing better than she says.
also, i hear she's getting back into the writing game...
i better have an email soon, sweetheart ;)

oh, and remember my best guy friend (from know on referred to as "sweets")?
let's just say that the day after i wrote that post, things got a little complicated... and still are.
but, i've talked to him almost every day since then, and that's more than we talked before, so... yeah.

i, myself, have to make a decision about what high school i'll be going to for my sophomore year - one of the three choices at my mom's, or go live with dad...
that really narrows down to three choices ;)
i'm about to say "fuck it" and go back to my old school...
and if you know me in RL,you know how much it pains me to say it.

i have been trying to get back into the writing game, as well.
i have two stories i'm working on right now that both take place in the same fictional town... one is called "lazy sundays," which the lovely livi is beta-ing for me, and the other is "starbucks & sudoku," which i plan on posting online.

oh, and i have found a new writers' site through my library's teen read blog. inkpop.com is specifically for writers who write Young Adult novels, poems, and short stories, and mainly consists of writers who are young adults. if your story gets into the top 5 picks on the site, then it gets read by a harper-collins editor.

i get to see the sexy and talented john mayer a week from tuesday!!!! *squees* i have been looking forward to this for months, and it's finally here! god bless my always annoying daddy!

i am going to a free writers' workshop for teens with author kristina mcbride on august twelfth... three hours of writing goodness. YES! (more info here )

i mentioned inkpop.com before, and would like to mention that if you visit/get an account/etc., do yourself a favor and read "summer rush." it is extremely well-written, and the plot just keeps twisting.

so, didja miss me or anything?
;)

rissa

p.s. i made my blog header! none of the photos are mine, all were found at weheartit.com. let me know if you like!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sa-weet new blog header! Good luck deciding on a school -- I know how daunting that can be. I hope you're doing well, little Rissa. :-)

Rissa said...

Thanks, Annie! I am doing well, just busy. And, again, congrats on finishing your thesis!