Pages

Friday, July 23, 2010

just call me cinderella

hello, lovies.

so, a couple of days ago (as in tuesday) i got my cat back.
it's a long and difficult story to explain, so i'll give you the short of it.
when my mom and i moved out of my stepdad's house a couple of years ago, we left our cat (which we had only had for about a year or so - we found her as a kitten, and she was a stray) at his place so it would be easier to sell our house.
plus it gave him company.
NOW we are trying to sell his house and he is moving back in with us (*facepalm*), so the cat got brought back here.

this cat has tried to murder me before. i'm not kidding. i can't make that kind of shit up.

but, since she's back, i've been having to clean. a lot. because i happen to have allergic asthma and am allergic to freaking cats!
makes a bunch of sense, don't it?

so, i've been vacuuming, dusting, doing dishes, doing laundry, cleaning cleaning cleaning.

my room is even clean.
that never happens. ever.

in other news...
i actually lost a pound and a half this week. i know, random, but i was on the wii fit earlier and felt like sharing. mom kept calling me a skinny bitch this week, and i wanted to find out why... though one pound doesn't make that much of a difference...
and my mom calling me a skinny bitch in context actually sounds really bad.
(she was teasing me when we bought me clothes because it looked like i didn't have a tummy. and when she calls somebody a bitch, she means it as a compliment. unless she's calling the cat a bitch... then it's because the cat bit her.)

i *might* be getting a job at the goodwill they plan on opening up in my town.
i'd actually enjoy working at a goodwill more than any fast food place, and i need to get a job for more spending money. i'm thinking of checking out books'n'more as well.

monday, mom and i are going to visit the enrollment offices at the two schools that i might actually want to go to - the district i'm in is a last resort. we're hoping that the best district in the county will let me in because i was in virtual schooling last year, even though one of my old bffs tried to enroll there and the class was full.

aaaand next tuesday.....

i get to see john mayer and train in concert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*squees*

i am SO looking forward to that concert. it will be worth not getting a birthday present from dad or judy this year.

it's john. fucking. mayer.

THIS guy:














room for squares was my first cd. EVER. i was five or six when i got it. i have been a fan of his for just. that. long.
i know that most media portrays him as an arrogant asshat, but honestly, one of the songs on his first album shows that he knows that he runs his mouth.
it was aptly named my stupid mouth.
i basically don't listen to him unless he has a guitar in his hands. even if he isn't playing it, some of his little monologues from recorded concerts (try tracing from the live as/is album in either '04 or '05, and my stupid mouth [i think] from any given thursday) are so freaking amazingly true, it's hard to believe it's the same guy.
and the freaking lyrics!
*ded*

am i going to make you listen to me swoon over the awesomeness that is j.c.mayer anymore?
no.
i will keep that in my head so i don't have to put you through that torture ;)

fare thee well!

xoxo,
rissa

No comments: