Pages

Saturday, May 15, 2010

New Look?? New Name??

I know, I know. I just got this damn blog, and I'm already changing the name.
And the look.

I get bored easily.  Hence the move to Blogger from Wordpress. I do NOT like the themes that they offer -- and I don't exactly have the money or expertise to do my own CSS work.
Though I seemed to have faired rather well switching this to a three-column blog.  And switching the font. And playing with the banner.

ANYWAYS...
The new name is because A) "Broken Hearts & Flying Time" isn't exactly the best name for a blog that my two guy best friends could more than likely stumble upon (after all, they found both my Protagonize account AND Leila's!) and B) inspiration.
I changed my Twitter username yesterday also to "ChickyyLit". I also protected my tweets (fracking spammers!!!!!!)

My inspiration has been rattling around in my head for a couple of weeks -- really, it was my mom's idea.  She has always called me "Kidlet" but seeing as I'm more of a teenager, not a kid, she has slowly switched over to calling me "Chicklet."
Like the gum. Which I happen to love. 
It also inspired a YA novel idea, in which the main character would be nicknamed "Chickyy."

Basic equation:

Chicklet gum

+

 Chicklet like kidlet

+

I write Chick Lit

=

name change,

blog change,

&

NOVEL IDEA.

Which means that my novel that I have been working on gets pushed to NaNoWriMo when I need a break from ChickLit.

I am now waiting for Leila to come murder me.  Something tells me I'm going to get drowned in the pool if she comes over to my Dad's on Memorial Day...
Shit.


Later lovelies,

Loralei

1 comment:

Rachelle said...

Hmmm... I think I agree with you about the definitions, and *maybe* even in Edward's tendency towards the worse of the two... BUT...

I will never understand Team Jake.

He so clearly disrespects Bella's choice and is an all around JERK when it comes to the two of them. Particularly in Eclipse. While New Moon may make him appear a good guy... if I had a guy friend who acted the way he did in Eclipse. I'd kick him out of my life.

<./rage>

Love the new blog layout and name. Don't worry about changing it around... I always mess with my blog until I'm perfectly happy with it.